Saturday, January 3, 2009

Country is back!





Yes I know you didn't like it the first time!
But it's back...in a new way of course...it's not your normal country criterion. Unexpected mixtures of contemporary and country ingredients make up the new country crib.

Ralph Lauren has done country for as long as I can remember and he is dusting it off and rolling out his new take on it with the Hudson Valley collection.
http://www.ralphlaurenhome.com/rlhome/collection/fa08_hudsonvalley_explore.asp

I have my own vision of how I want to introduce country into my client's home...I used a farm table ...no patch work here...but a good old worn wood table with thrush seated chairs sitting pretty on bare wood floor in an extremely contemporary Elliot Tower penthouse.

It's not grandma country...its a combo of new and old. If you have a old desk pair it with a sleek modern chair...that sort of thing. If you use nothing but old stuff you end up feeling like you are living at great Aunt Della's house.

No comments: