Thursday, August 12, 2010
Back to School~Tips for Students
Got A Small Dorm Room?
1. Shoe bag: Shoe bags don't have to hold just shoes, you know! Get creative-use it for anything from socks and skivvies to batteries and bottled water. Be sure you get the clear kind so things don't get lost in there.
2. Under bed storage: Elevating your bed on blocks or 2X4s allows you to slide storage bins underneath.
3. Increase the surface area of your desk by going vertical. Use your wall space for acrylic pockets to gather your items together. If you have the space, a rolling file cart works great too.
4. Utilize a bulletin board: To help keep things organized use a bulletin board with a calendar for important dates and project deadlines, so they won't be missed or forgotten. Be sure you review your bulletin board weekly in order to toss out of date items.
5. Portable scanner: Use a portable scanner for notes, documents, articles and photos. It's a great way to turn stacks of documents into organized digital files to keep your desk neat and tidy.
6.Maximize closet space: A rod doubler instantly creates twice the amount of hanging space.
7. Use removable, Stick-on Plastic Hooks: Heavy-duty hooks for bathrobes, jackets, and "sort-of-clean" clothes that would live on the floor or bed.
8. An alarm clock: You know you need an alarm clock. Check out this one with a 7 day feature. Cool stuff! www.Dormco.com
9. For your toiletries: Get a mesh caddy for transporting them back and forth from the bathroom. It will keep your things organized and the open design lets water drip out.
The tips above are from Missy Gerber's newsletter. Missy owns Organizers NW her team of organizers will change your life! I had them organize my office and I am a new woman no longer wondering "Where did I file that..."