Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nature , garden, art... great combination for me!


One of my favorite places on earth is the Metolious river. My husband and I have made three trips over to this enchanting place this summer. Wildlife is abundant and the sun is always shining in Central Oregon!

I had breakfast this morning at a charming restuarant in Sisters Oregon. In the back of the cafe is plenty of outdoor seating...being the dog lover that I am I like to take Skip with me if possible so outdoor seating is high on my list of priorities...along with great food and interesting visuals. the photo above is of an organic free standing fabric art piece. Next to this wonderful sculptor is a enamel bowl filled with strips of cloth that one can weave anywhere one likes...it changes textures as people weave in bits of moss and colored trims.

There were several iron and blown glass decorated gates that added to the garden whimsy. Skip liked this one!

Lots of informal seating made from all kinds of odds and ends gave this cafe an individual "only in Sisters" look.



The "leaf " endtable is cast from a real leaf and is held up by a metal rod. The headboard of an old brass bed makes a nice backdrop for more glass daiseies.I encourage you to be creative...add some garden art to your backyard seating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool stuff here thank you!!!!!!!