Friday, February 11, 2011

Making An Impact with Art

















As you can see from the barren before photos artwork and furnishings really make the space!

My client moved from Germany to California and asked if I would come down and put the design I had installed in Stuttgart together for him in his California condo. Now the challenge was using the same furnishings in this new (smaller) space.
I added a few things to the mix. I replaced the run of the mill chandelier with the contemporary fixture and added a new floor lamp to the den along with the purchases of some accessories. I added live plants, which always makes a house a home. I also purchased an entry rug and hallway runner. The before bleak condo now has personality. My client said, " I feel comfy." My job is done.
To see lots of before and after photos of how art can change the look and more important the feel of a space visit Kimberlee Jaynes website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
he must be so happy.
R.

makati condominiums said...

Love the place. It looks so inviting and comfortable.

Angelo H

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Kimberlee- Big difference! Your client must be so happy with his new space. Art makes it a home!

Loretta