Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Are Vessel Sinks in the Bathroom a Thing of the Past?





It seems like these "interactive sculptures" are the trend in bathroom sinks. How long will they stay around? I realize there are wonderful art-glass vessel sinks that will stand the test of time...but the standard issue glass vessel sink can be found at Loews and Home Depot. It kind of feels like that great designer dress that has been copied and is now for sale at Kmart. When I am guiding my client's through the design process I am very aware of what will last visually and what will look "soooo 2011" I try to stay clear of the trendy, yet still be ahead of our time and choose a element that will last ...a designer must see into the future and be a visionary.
I would love to hear your opinion!

No comments: