Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Bliss

One of my favorite places on earth is the Metolious River in the Dechutes National forest. I just spent the weekend with my husband Dwight and my dog Skip walking the river banks and sitting next to the cold rushing water reading for hours on end...sheer bliss! I have been coming to Camp Sherman (that's the name of the store that has been there since the 20's) for many years starting in the 1960's. My father was an avid fly fisherman and we were constant visitors to this magical place. There are islands with wooden bridges and water wheels that as a child made my imagination run wild! I would spend many summer hours on these bridges and swear there were little people that inhabited these enchanting islands. It's was so valuable for me to recharge and come back to the design business with fresh eyes and a clear mind.








1 comment:

Kim Armbruster said...

What a beautiful, charming, poetic post! I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and revivified just reading it and gazing at the photos.