Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update on Alameda Ridge

AFTER

BEFORE


I love the old homes in NE Portland lining the Alameda ridge, besides the fabulous architecture that these homes posses, they have vast views of down town Portland!

I recently completed the interior design for one of these lovely homes. It had been many years since the owners had updated it and it was time for a fresh look. I started with the area rugs and found this large graphic folkloric hand loomed rug at Tufenkians carpets It was easy to pull the color palette from the area rug as it contained earthy tans, grass greens and tomato reds.
Lighting needed to be addressed so I added a ceiling light on a dimmer switch along with four new halogen reading lamps on rheostats so light levels are highly controllable.
This couple does several fund raisers each year and needed lots of seating. I introduced two sofas facing each other along with two handy comfortable leather ottomans that can handle the overflow. I placed two very comfortable yet modern timeless swivel chairs next to the large picture window that take in the priceless view. (I am told this is the husbands favorite perch.) The client's didn't want the finished product to look like a designer had "done it" so I struck a balance between the artful additions and leaving the couples collected treasures in place.

No comments: