Monday, November 28, 2011

I did it! I decorated a tree!


The stockings are hung by the chimney with care...





My mother will be proud of me...I decorated a Christmas tree!

Like many interior designers I started out as what we call in the trade a "display artist" or what lay people call a " window dresser." Having decorated for Christmas on a very large scale ( I even designed and flew in to install Christmas at De Vargas Mall in Santa Fe NM for many years) I had had my fill of Christmas trees.

But this year I broke down and bought a flocked tree and I really enjoyed decorating it! My first tree since the 70's!

The pleasurable part was that the tree came on a stand...no fights with my husband about is it straight! Ha!

I also liked the fact that with a flocked tree you don't need as many ornaments...so the few that I do have from decorating wreaths each year ( this was my only decor in the past) easily filled the tree. I had tiny nests with glass eggs, old world birds with feather tails, big mercury glass ornaments and pearl white orbs. My tree topper consists of three glittery branches tied together with a big white bow. My table decor is very simple...found objects from around my house...a large white platter filled with ceramic artichokes, mushrooms an egg and antique Waterford crystal seahorse candle sticks. I hope you find new inspiration for festive decor in your home this year!

No comments: