Monday, March 26, 2012

Bamboo and Coffee who knew?










I was out on Saturday with one of my favorite client's shopping for granite and plumbing fixtures. We were over by Oregon Tile and Marble in SE Portland. My client said "Have you been to Bamboo Revolution and Coava Coffee?" I had not...so after a sumptuous lunch at Olympic Provisions, we stopped by for coffee and to browse the showroom adjacent to the coffee roasters with lattes in hand. Bamboo Revolution uses bamboo in very inovative applications. I fell in love with the cement and bamboo- rounds countertop, the doors harken to an Asian temple. The back story to the bamboo business is fascinating...I encourage you to stop by and visit with Mike Pullen to hear his incredible story of Louisiana bamboo and how it ended up here! The coffee was delicious (I purchased a pound to take home) you may recognize Coava it was one of the locations for a recent episode of "Portlandia" Portland continues to create pockets of interest and with enterprising entrepreneurs!

No comments: